Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What's Happening People

Just wanted to check in, it's been a while since I posted. So what have I been doing the last 30 days?...

Went and spent some time at my friends summer house on the lake. It was beautiful and quiet and relaxing. I forgot my camera...
Got ready for our trip to Europe.
Went to Europe with my father & son. (Some pics coming if you're interested)
Came back from Europe to a shitload of work at work.
Staying busy before it's back to school for me. Some girlfriends and I went to see Bobby Brown, Ralph Tresvant and Johnny Gill.. Johnny is still sexy.. Bobby is gross and Ralph is too damn skinny. Bobby looked like he was going to keel over on the spot. He blamed it on the baby weight - (someone recently reproduced with him, eeew.)

It's been a year since I was certified to become an adoptive parent so now I have to re certify which takes a lot of running around.

My son and his never-ending sports. 4 basketball teams, cross-country, soccer, football, etc. Basketball ended on Friday, football started on Monday. He's on varsity this year, his confidence is up and he said the coaches are giving him the nod. He looked good running drills yesterday. I'm proud of my kid, but sometimes he loses confidence in himself and doesn't have anyone to push/pull him out of that mindset. I try, but I'm just his mom. I hope he keeps his confidence up and becomes the superstar I know he is capable of being. He has the height, the build and the ability to do great things. He just needs the mental part.

His dad hasn't called in at least 40 days. Asshole.

As of August 6th I will be in school full-time. I have 9 classes left. If all goes well taking 2 classes at a time (2 classes are considered full-time because they are accelerated, all the work in 1/2 the time) then I will be all done at the end of the Winter semester. Hallelujah!

I'll be around, reading when I have the chance, posting when I need to vent or have something to share, but likely often MIA like I have been the last month. It's not that I don't love you, I just need to sleep sometime.. ;)

7 comments:

Curious said...

Today while I was drifting in and out of sanity I wondered to myself, why do we sleep? It's like the one weak link design flaw that we have. We only have a certain amount of time on Earth and a third of it is spent sleeping, missing out on stuff that may or may not be important.

Anyway, you get yours 'cause I don't want to hear about a mental breakdown just before graduation, and let the rest of stuff take care of itself.

BTW, yes I am looking forward to pictures and analysis regardless.

uglyblackjohn said...

@ Curious - Sleep is when we rebuild what we have distroyed in our day-to-day lives.
It's what keep us sane and healthy.

@ RunningMom - It's about time...

RunningMom said...

Thanks for missing me :)

Curious said...

@ uglyblackjohn oh I quite understand the reason, benefits and need for sleep. My thought was that if we are so fully evolved or designed by a higher power, why do we have to regenerate every 24 hours by shutting down certain things. Why can't we regenerate while we are on the go like car batteries. But trust me, it's not that big a deal.

RunningMom said...

That reminded me of a book I just read called "Beggars in Spain" which was neither about beggars or Spain, but about genetically modified people who do not require sleep and how the rest of the world treats them.

Be nice to not have to sleep, I would get so much more done!

uglyblackjohn said...

When we are awake, there is too much going on to truly focus.
Sleeps allows us to sort through get rid of the mental waste.
I think that this is why we often have epiphanies in our sleep.

Anonymous said...

Hey Running Mom

My son suffers from Sleep Paralysis. Its creepy. Look it up.

You are going to rock this semester.

Your Babies Daddy is going to learn some hard life lessons because of the way he has treated you and your son. Work on you in the interim. You cannot control what someone else does. You're going to be fine. I promise : )

Does your son play any instruments? B gave up basketball for his bass guitar. I would have loved if he continued to play ball, but he lacked confidence and was lazy as all heck. Sounds like your guy is a go-getter and the polar opposite of B in regards to sports. Maybe if he learned how to play guitar he would be a bit more confident? They say music helps kids learn math and science. Maybe its good for the confidence as well.

He'll get over that hurdle eventually. Give him all the love you always do. Love can fix just about anything...

Hope you are well.
Would love to see pics!

Love,
Cas