Saturday, February 14, 2009

Don't Divorce My Family and Friends

Ken Starr, who led the campaign to impeach President Bill Clinton, filed a legal brief last month -- on behalf of the "Yes on 8" campaign -- that would forcibly divorce 18,000 same-sex couples that were married in California last year before the passage of Prop 8.

Watch "Fidelity" and sign our letter to the state Supreme Court before they hear oral arguments in the case on March 5. Tell the Supreme Court to invalidate Prop 8, reject Ken Starr's case, and let loving, committed couples marry. DEADLINE EXTENDED: March 2. 224,783 people have signed this letter (as of Friday, February 13). Our new Courage Campaign community goal is 250,000 signers. Will you add your name now?:

http://www.couragecampaign.org/page/s/repealprop8




Love will prevail - Happy Valentine's Day!

7 comments:

Curious said...

I'm not going to tell you if I signed up or not, but I thought it was interesting that in the video I didn't see one black or African American or people of color couple. What does that tell me? What does that say to you? And who is the one that is really saying it?

clnmike said...

What a jerk that dude is.

Cosign Curious too.

RunningMom said...

I agree that there should have been a lot more black couples in this video. I liked that there were Native American, Hispanic and lots of mixed-race couples.

I am also surprised with California's large Asian population that I didn't see their demographic represented.

I don't know how many pictures they had to sift through to make this video, but I'm sure they could have found at least a few black, gay, and married couples...

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

tell them to do the same on prop 2 while u at it

Dave Van Buren said...

I don't see the big deal about it. Let them marry if they want too. It's not like it effects your marriage. Ken Starr needs to find something better to do.

RunningMom said...

RDB: Prop 2 passed - I always buy free-range vegetarian-fed eggs. I don't mind paying a little extra to feel better about the way my food is treated when it is still alive.

Super Dave: I agree, equal rights should include well.. everyone. It's just that simple.

Darius T. Williams said...

Ugh...just leave the gays alone - that's my motto. And it helps totally...because I'm a gay. yea, I'm not liking that guy not one flippin' iota!

Um, e-mail me (darius@everydaycookin.com) in regards to the Blogger Family Reunion that's gonna be in Chicago 5/15-5/17 2009.