Monday, March 30, 2009

Monday's Musings

I got a ticket a few weeks ago for "failure to stop leaving a private drive." There was no one around, the view from my work driveway is spectacular, you can see all the way down the road in both directions, I yielded, clear, go - there's also no STOP sign... none of that mattered though when the State Trooper did a u-turn in the middle of the street to pull me over. AssHat.

When I went for my first pre-hearing, the lobby was full of folks there for similar reasons. The deal? We'll waive your points if you pay the fine. Um no. I'm not paying it.

Ok, well you can schedule a hearing. Ok. It was a State Trooper who pulled you over, so he will likely be here. Ok.

Had my hearing this morning. I was all prepared with 8"x 10" photos of the driveway, distance and lack of stop sign. I figured I had a 50/50 shot. The trooper didn't show up. Case dismissed!
No points, no fine. Happy Monday for me.
----------------------------------------------------------

I missed my son while he was gone... I got a few things on my list done. I cleaned out his room and closet. Use a ton of Lysol wipes, dusted, vacuumed, organized, etc. I have a whole basket of clothes ready to donate to friends or goodwill.

I would have gone to the gym, but... a.) I have water on my knee, which hurts like hell, I can barely climb the stairs let alone go to yoga or go running.. and b.) I was quite depressed last week. Maybe more on that later, maybe not.
----------------------------------------------------------

Got a fabulous new pair of Anne Klein loafers from Over.stock today. Been hunting all over town for an appropriate replacement for the Franco Sarto loafers that my mom's puppy chewed. Took forever to find them, but it was worth the wait..
----------------------------------------------------------

Hey UBJ, just saw a commercial for the Verizon Hub! From your lips to mainstream America.
----------------------------------------------------------

Ok.. I think that's enough rambling for today. Have to go work on my Marketing Final...

6 comments:

uglyblackjohn said...

Also from my lips (keypad)-
"We will each will our state's lottery."
(I hope that one works too.)

I used to always get speeding tickets - and I would always contest them. I was about 50/50.
Once I showed up with a graph and photos.
The cop had a slide show.
I lost but the judge let me go to traffic school to avoid having my insurance rates rise. (He liked my graph).

Anonymous said...

Yay for you!! No fines and no points. I like that you were all prepared with your photos. I swear they just like to give tickets for the sake of it.

Dave Van Buren said...

Tickets suck, you know they have a quota to make.


Good luck with the final.

Curious said...

"Failure to stop leaving a private drive?" Your telling me you have to stop by law before you can come out of your own driveway? And I thought the laws in Jersey were ridiculous.

RunningMom said...

UBJ: Yes! Running off to play the lotto... lol @ your graph, that's priceless! The cop was probably like WTF?! The judge in my case was super cool to all of the people that went before me.. so I might have had a chance...

B&T: Yep.. just creating revenue for the city. I felt really bad for a lot of those folks. You know right now is not the time for many people to have to pay a hundred dollar fine for some bs. People are in serious financial trouble right now - having to pay that fine might mean they can't buy the groceries they need.

SuperDave: True, true. Just got done with the final, thanks for the good wishes. I start my Statistics class tomorrow.

Curious: Well technically I was leaving my work driveway.. but yeah I guess they could ticket you for leaving your own driveway as well! Crazy huh.

Anonymous said...

UBJ That is Freaking Hilarius! I am making a graph the next time I go to court. I think it will be a blast.

Running Mom, Long time no see, I have been busy as hell, thought I would stop by and see how you were doing though.

Next time you get a ticket go check to see if the cop renewed his oath of office. By federal law they have to renew like every six months and unless he is a rookie they always let it slide out of date. If thats the case then he is impersonating a police officer, Carrying a deadly weapon, probably a dozen felonies, get creative. So when you go into court plead to the jurisdiction (nonasumpset by way of confession and avoidance) You could plead Not Guilty but your chances of victory go down. when you cross examine the officer ask when he last renewed his oath, if he lies you got him, if he tells the truth, he is disqualified abinitio (from the beginning) Then look over at the prosecutor and say you want to press charges against the police officer. Then tell the prosecutor that by the code of criminal procedure he HAS to accept them and take action on them, then threaten to take it all to the grand jury and try to get them all indicted for official oppression. If the judge tries to jump in then recuse the judge for being biased. (which he HAS to step down as he cannot be the person to deturmine whether he is biased or not)

By this time you will have caused so much ruckus that they will jumping up and down in fits. they might try to clear the court who knows but they will probably dismiss your case out of hand just to get you out of there. LOL great fun. Plus after you scare a police officer really good with felony charges they will leave you ALONE!