Wednesday, February 2, 2011

MIA - A Year In Review

WOW. I cannot believe that it has been more than a year since I last posted. So much has been going on that I should have been writing about! So lets see if I have any followers that care.. lol.

2010 year in review:

Started to move out of state... my son's dad put the squash on that...he and I got back together for most of 2010...but it ended once again.

My son graduated from middle school and gave a graduation speech any parent would be proud of, I know I was!

I graduated from college with a Bachelor's in Business.

My son started high school at a private school about 30 miles from home which required us to move.

I had to short sell my house - a process that took nearly 7 months!

I moved...pretty much by the car-load over 7 months. lol.

I decided to kill the adoption plans. Once the kid got to high school I figured it was a done deal.

I joined e-harmony. Had 2 dates in 3 months. I won't be renewing... lol.

One moved out of state within a week of our date.... The other one was clearly in denial that he is gay. But he was definitely something pretty to look at :)

My very first nephew was born and I love him soooo much. He lives out of state, the first time he left after a visit I cried for an hour :(

Haven't been running at all. Just bought some new running shoes last week. Once the snow is down to a tolerable level, I'm going! 5k or die this year!

Pretty much put myself in financial ruin with this move, the sale of the house and paying for private school tuition...and books...and uniforms...and everything else that isn't included in the crazy tuition prices.

I have a plan to get back on the financial freedom train. I always do ;)

I'm happier now that school is done. I love having free time.

We're going on a real vacation over mid-winter break for the first time since 2009. And no homework!

I'm excited to catch up with all my blogger peeps. Can't wait to reconnect! I missed you all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on both graduations!!!!

I wish you the best of luck gettinhg back on the "financial freedom train"

uglyblackjohn said...

Huh?
No new piercings to speak of?

RunningMom said...

BnT: Thanks love!

UBJ: Not yet, but after reviewing the post I wrote about the nipple piercings.. I'm considering it yet again - stay tuned!

Curious said...

I don't want to seem crass but the guy that moved, it wasn't because he went out on a date with you was it?

-----he he I couldn't help it.

RunningMom said...

Ahhh Curious my crass friend, I've missed you so! :)

No, he didn't move because of me, but I suppose I didn't inspire him to stay either ;)