Monday, August 18, 2008

Monday again....

It's Monday again. An elderly friend of the family passed away over the weekend. The world lost a good man, but he had a good life. We'll be supporting the family at funeral events over the next few days, and I think I will order some flowers today. I was thinking Calla Lillies, but I don't know if they are in season. Why do we order flowers for the dead more than for the living? I want all my flowers while I'm alive thank you very much. I don't want a funeral anyway. Nor do I want to be buried. Not that cremation sounds pleasant, but a better option for me.

What about you? Horse & carriage? Big to-do? Burial? Funeral? Cremation?

I need to get a move on for work - Peace, love and may you and your loved ones have a blessed day.

UPDATE: I looked online at flowers, most arrangements were $100 or more, so I went during lunch to a local florist. They had ordered dozens of white roses for a wedding and had some left over. He promised me all he had left (20 or more) in a nice bouquet with a vase for $45. Beautiful!

3 comments:

So...Wise...Sista said...

RM, you're a great writer! I'm digging your stuff. As for my funeral, HUGE party. Lots of happy crying and telling jokes. Lots of Stevie Wonder music. No family there cuz I get to outlive them all. :)

One Man’s Opinion said...

Do you remember that church song that says; "give me my flowers, while I can see them..."? One of my favorite songs growing up. I want it to be sung at my furneral.

I was thinking cremation for myself as well, although I really want to be stuffed and stood in the corner. Oh, well......Thanks for the advise on finding a mother with children. I had never heard that before. Very good advise.

RunningMom said...

@ Wise: Well thanks, I dig your stuff too! And I'm with you on the party & the Stevie Wonder... just as long as no one is singing along to "isn't she lovely" while I look & feel like cement & caked with makeup in my casket. Can I get a pink urn?

@ One man: See that's what I'm talking about...I'm going to have to do a google search to see if I can find the song.

& I saw that dude in the corner, it was creepy! lol