Thursday, August 14, 2008

Why? Because.

Because I think your smile is like light, because your warm hands heat my soul, because of the strength of your character, because we laugh together, because we talk for hours and hours on the phone and never run out of things to say, because we share the same morals and beliefs, because we share our lives everyday, because we are comfortable, because you are the sexiest man to me, because you are a gentleman, because you are my friend, because of the way you love me, because you are a leader, because you have vision, because you have passion, because you love pj’s and cartoons on Saturday mornings, because you are an undeniable chocoholic, because you live, because of the way your arms wrap around me, because when I hold you close to me, there is no other place that I want to be, because of the far away look you get when you are thinking about things, because your mind is beautiful, because you have a fun sense of humor, because I would follow you anywhere, because you would do anything for the people you care about, because you are a helper, because you surround yourself with good people, because I know you, because the hair on your stomach is so soft, because you are stubborn, because you are polite, because you are silly, because you understand, because you work hard, because you play hard, because you have honor, because you understand candlelight and a soft cd, because you know what “simple” means, because the little things are never an issue, because even the smallest dreams mean something, because you don’t have to understand the words to get the feeling, because you have courage, because you have felt loss, because you care for your body, because you know how to relax and enjoy, because you are accepting, because you don’t place blame, because your spirit is wise, because there is no selfishness, because there is caring, because there is thankfulness, because you think of me during your day, because even when we are apart, we’re not, because there is no fear, because being through the worst with you is better than the best alone, because there are moments when I feel you, even though you are not there, because my love is better for having you in my life, for these reasons and more, I love you.

1 comment:

RunningMom said...

This was written for a man that was my friend for a few years, then we fell in love, then it ended. I shared it with him just this year, but wrote it back in 2001 or 2002.

We don't speak as often as we used to, but I still love him as my friend and as a person. And I also know that if I ever needed him for anything he would be there for me as my friend, because he loves me as a friend and as a person too.