Monday, September 29, 2008

Cooking

I love to cook. I wish I had a bigger kitchen with a dishwasher so that cleanup after cooking was a little more convenient - but whatever.

I was perusing Darius T. Williams cooking blog here yesterday. He takes pictures during the cooking process and once his creations are plated to show the end result. I thought that was fun, so after I made dinner last night I took pictures.

My sister-in-law and brother were in town from NC, so my sister came over to have girls night with me. Botanas are a family favorite and my sister is allergic to wheat, gluten, flour, etc. so while planning our dinner I decided homemade Spicy Shrimp Botana and Mango Margaritas were the way to go. We diced, we chopped, we blended, we melted and the end result - a beautiful, bountiful, botana:







We also made some fresh salsa:







And some fabulous Mango Margaritas:





You'll notice my sister's was half gone before I could get the camera out!
We ended up drinking almost a 5th of Tequila in 2 pitchers of Margaritas... it might explain my resistance to getting up for work this morning.. lol.

Margarita anyone?

12 comments:

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

yea me anddont forget the food - looks delish

RunningMom said...

Torrance - I'll make the food and drinks, and you bring a story to tell - all will be good!

Mr.Slish said...

Why did I read this post knowing I didn't eat lunch..I almost reached into the screen! ...

Curious said...

Wow, I just got through a dry burger and cold fries from one of the chain restaurants here and looking at your pictures, boy do I know I made the wrong choice. Next time you will have to save a plate for me.

One Man’s Opinion said...

Don't be giving me the side eye, young lady. LOL. So you too have stumbled upon the wonderful cooking blog of Mr. D.T. Williams.

People who cook, make me sick. LOL

RunningMom said...

Slish: you know you can't be skipping meals. We're in a recession, you need to bulk up for the long winter :)

Curious: Dry burger and cold fries - eeew, lol. A plate will definitely be saved for you.

OneMan: People who cook are the bestest, especially when they are willing to share with those who cannot ;)

Anonymous said...

A 5th of Tequila! I hope you enjoyed yourself

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

will do any time will read for food and beverage

RunningMom said...

hey - thanks for visiting freeman, I said almost a 5th, lol - but we did have a good time :)

Darius T. Williams said...

Awww - look at this - looks good! Where was my invite?

LISA VAZQUEZ said...

Hey there!!

I have never tasted a Mango Margarita!!

I do not drink. Is there a virgin Margarita recipe?


(smiles)
Lisa

RunningMom said...

Hey Lisa -

Sure the virgin recipie is:

In the blender:

1/2 bag of frozen mango
and enough Jumex mango nectar to make it blend well.

You can dip your margarita glasses in a little simple syrup or in some of the mango nectar then into sugar or salt to rim the glass.

For non-virgin, same recipe just add Tequila to taste!