Monday, November 10, 2008

Falling apart

I'm not eating right, I'm not excercising enough, I'm not sleeping enough. My head hurts, my stomach hurts, my skin looks like crap. I work full time, go to school part time, raise my son by myself and take care of a house.

As if that weren't enough, I lost about 45% of my monthly child support due to some FOC rule changes so I'm now looking for a part time job.

I already cancelled the home phone, stopped seeing the acupuncturist, switched the cable to economy basic ($15.99 per month), stopped paying extra on my mortgage, upped my deductions on my W4's and lowered my 401k contribution. I can pay my bills and buy gas & groceries but not much else.

Money might not make you happy, but it certainly affords you the ability to worry less. This weekend I spent from Friday evening to Sunday morning in the house primarly on the couch watching movies. Not in a depression, but definitely feeling BLAH.

Pray for me. I need it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I pray all works out, things really do, in time. Stay blessed because you are.

nikki said...

i'll keep praying. you keep your head up :)

clnmike said...

I hope things pick up, this looks like a little bump in the road.

RunningMom said...

Thanks blogger fam, I'm feeling better today :)

I never stay down too long, but sometimes you just have those days where you feel ugly inside and out.

Yesterday was one of those days, today is not!

Anonymous said...

I think it's a bump too. Just try to take the enormity out of it. My mother raised all 6 of us by herself and she used to tell me it was a blur. She woke up and did the same thing for years until one day things got better.

Anonymous said...

Don't sweat the 401K the real rate of inflation far exceeds anything that your 401K will ever pay out.

I will keep you in my prayers. I pray alot actually I think its really one of the few things that actually make a difference.

Anonymous said...

heyyyy
the guy above me stole my name : )

I would claim exempt on my w-4. Nix the 401 k contributions...and go back to court to adjust that child support.

We raise the kids, they get the breaks. Dammit.

Anonymous said...

and I am sorry that happened to you. I know how you feel. I am raising three and its not easy.