Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me



It's my birthday!! As of the 12th day of November, I will be 35 years, or 420 months, or 1820 weeks, or 12775 days old... that's as far as I go it was nerdy enough.. lol.

My mom and son took me out to The Melting Pot for an early birthday dinner. We had chedder cheese fondu with bread, veggies and my personal favorite, apples. Then we had a nice salad followed by fish, scallops and shrimp for me, steak & shrimp for my son, and vegetarian (artichokes, mushrooms, eggplant, red peppers, tofu, etc.) for my mom.

I got a "Love Martini" it was pink and had heart-shaped stawberries in it, yummy!

After all that - we still found room for dessert.. here's a look:

There were... strawberries, bananas, marshmallows, rice krispy treats, cheesecake, brownies, angel food cake and a cherry on top!





The Happy Birthday card was signed by everyone working at the restaurant that evening - so cute.





The chocolate thing on the right hand side was an oreo encrusted marshmallow. Who knew!?!


I brought some home:





Our pot of chocolate to dip in:





We had a really great server "Guy" and server's assistant "Tyrell". After dinner, Guy took us on a tour of the building/resturant. It was a great time, I had a great birthday dinner that will take weeks to burn off (lol) and I am so thankful for my wonderful family and many blessings.

13 comments:

Curious said...

It's 12:08 Eastern. If you are in the same time zone, Happy Birthday!!! If you're not, then I'm a little early but happy birthday none the less.

RunningMom said...

Curious - you are the FIRST to wish me an official Happy Birthday today ;) Thanks!

Darius T. Williams said...

I'm the second!

Happy Birthday!

That dinner sounded GREAT!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
Sounds like you had a great birthday dinner. And that dessert looked gorgeous.

One Man’s Opinion said...

Curious is always showing out. Okay, I just missed it by a day. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, lady. I am sorry I am a day late.

RunningMom said...

DTW - It was, I feel like I shouldn't eat for a week!

Bored - Thanks, and thanks for stopping in!

One Man - you aren't late, it's today and thank you darlin' :)

clnmike said...

HAPPY BIRTDAY AND MANY MORE TO YOU!!!!!!!

nikki said...

happy birthday! i thought you were older cuz you always sound so wise (or at the very least, more mature than my ass...lol)

glad you had a wonderful day :)

Minerva Exertion said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!

Welcome to the 35 and fly club!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, your B day is one day before my fathers B day. So I will never forget it ; )

Trelly said...

Awww HAPPY BELATED!!! I hope it was a beautiful day for you...all those treats look divine. Mmmmm

I turned 30 this year so any pearls of wisdom my sista?..lol

RunningMom said...

Casper! Love the diet tips. Watcha got to simply increase energy? I have none! I wish I had more :)

Miss M: Thanks! Pearls of wisdom... me? LOL! Lemme think about that and get back at you ;)

Anonymous said...

Sorry its been so long in getting back this way. Its been busy round here. I would say that if you can afford it get a good multivitamin. NOW foods makes a good one, and also "Animal Pak" is outstanding, www.bodybuilding.com sells it the cheapest(nevermind that is supposed to be for bodybuilders)

Make sure your getting all your amino acids, which is important for good hormone production. Good hormones makes your mind and body run better and makes you feel better. Eggs are a good source of amino acids, and there cheap ; )

If your on a budget, and this is gonna sound hoaky, but buy Ovaltine. I mix about 3 Tablespoons into my protein shakes every night before bed. When I use it I get morning wood to the Nth degree and it refuses to go away... not that I complain. When I am out of Ovaltine I just get everyday garden variety morning wood. Like I said Hoaky, but to me Good Wood = Good Hormones.

OK enough w/ the TMI