Monday, November 24, 2008

Slacker

I know, I know, I have been slacking on the blog - my bad.

Friday I played cards with my cousin and a bunch of other girls. We had a Euchre tournament - I didn't place, but I came close! Her friend lives about an hour away so I didn't get home till almost 3 am.

Saturday I shopped at Target, Meijer, and TJ Maxx. I picked up essentials at Target, Thankgiving dinner stuff at Meijer and a few pairs of jeans for my son at TJ Maxx. Then my son and I went to see Madagascar 2 - It was good, my favorite part is still the song that Moto-Moto sings. I like em chunky, I like em thick, "Girl, you so BIG!" ha ha ha ha ha - too funny.

Sunday we had breakfast with my dad, this is a family tradition that has been going on for more than 12 years. My dad, my son and I (plus extras when they are around like friends, girlfriends, boyfriends, etc.) meet every Sunday for breakfast at 9:30. I remember Sunday, January 1, 1999 we had 13 inches of snowfall. I was driving a Suzuki Esteem at that time. My dad called and said "you still want to go to breakfast?" I said, sure just come dig me out first - so he did!

We didn't do too much the rest of the day. A friend of mine stopped over and so did my mom. We ended up talking and having cocktails till about 8:30 - they left and I chilled. I think I was in the bed by 10:10.

I'm only working today and tomorrow this week. I need to take my son to the barber on Wednesday so he looks sharp for the holiday and then we have teeth cleaning appointments in the afternoon.

I'm cooking for my dad & his girlfriend (and anyone else who stops in) on Thursday. Since I am allergic to Turkey I am going to buy a spiral honey-baked ham, make some scalloped potatoes, dressing, gravy, salad, and green beans. My dad is baking an apple pie. Sweet potatoes don't agree with him, so I think I am going to skip those on the menu.

Friday we will be going to my Aunt's house for Thanksgiving again. Then off to the stores I go Friday morning. Target is one of my favorite spots for Black Friday. They always have really good movies for $3.

So blogger fam, where are you going or what are you cooking for Thanksgiving? Do you shop on Black Friday or do you hibernate in the house?

12 comments:

clnmike said...

You are the first person I heard say they are allergic to turkey.

RunningMom said...

Mike: Weird huh... I don't know if medically it would be considered an allergy or an intolerance, but either way... if I eat turkey, i'm in the bathroom for a day or two.

It's not pretty, so I avoid it at all costs!

Anonymous said...

funny...I was about to call you out on being a slacker : )

no black friday shopping for me this year. my sons room looks like a homeless mens shelter. they dont need anything but to clean their room. the only merry in their christmas this year will be the sign hanging on my front door.

my daughter will get the mother load though. she is the tree, the lights, the decorations, she IS christmas : )

Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful you read my blog and take in all of my insanity : )

Peace, Cas

DorchestersDaughter said...

Happy (early) Thanksgiving! And thanks for the tip on Target, I'd love some new movies.

btw...I commend you for being able to expand on those 10 days. Idk if I am ready yet, lol

Anonymous said...

dear God I keep coming back to look at that Mac and Cheese....

Curious said...

I am going to be a little bitle bit politcal here. I have never understood the need to celebrate eating to excess which apart from the sales, this holiday is all about.

Meanwhile, I'm with my mother and grandmother getting stuffed like a runaway slave who hasn't eaten for the past week.

RunningMom said...

Caspar - lol @ son's room looking like a homeless mens shelter. Mine likes his messy too. But I admit, I still clean it for him from time to time.

DD: You can do it when you are ready. I think I have a few years on you, most of mine have had longer to simmer ;)

Caspar again: lol - I'm getting ready to make some more for Thanksgiving. I'm going to try a different cheese blend this time, I'll let you know how it turns out!

Curious: I never eat to excess during the holidays, I HATE feeling full/stuffed. I make a small plate with a little bit of everything and then stop. BUT, I know plenty of folks who DO eat and eat and eat during the holidays. I don't know how they do it... I think I would hurl! Glad your mother and grandmother are taking good care of you!

One Man’s Opinion said...

"Euchre tournament"? Please to explain.

Darius T. Williams said...

I'll be doing a bit of shopping too - but I'm leaving Saturday morning for Ft. Lauderdale...7 day caribbean cruise! YAY for me!

Tyhitia Green said...

I won't be doing any shopping...I think anyway. :-) I'm broke, plus I'm planning my wedding and money it tight, even though my parents are paying for the bulk of it. I still may do a little shopping this year.

Also, RunningMom, I don't know if you saw it or not on Darius's blog, but I asked you to e-mail me that chocolate cookie recipe, the one where you dipped the cookies in chocolate. OMG. Please, or is it a secret? ;-)

RunningMom said...

OneMan: lol, Euchre is kinda like spades, it's a Midwestern thing. We had 9 players, 9 rounds, 2 teams, 4 players per team with one player sitting out each round. It was fun.

Darius - Yay for your cruise! I hope you have fantastic weather and tons of fun. Bring back some Rum!

Demon Hunter - Thanks for stopping by! The cookies are easy, follow the recipe on the back of the Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chip bag, only cut the amount of butter/margarine in half (they are too greasy if you use the full amount). Let your cookies cool all the way, then melt some more chocolate chips (or whatever chocolate you like) and dip the cookies in the chocolate. I like the chocolate to be kind of thick, so I don't let them drip too much.

Have a cookie sheet ready with either parchment paper or waxed paper to put the dipped cookies on. Once you have a whole pan made, put them in the fridge to harden.

Tyhitia Green said...

Cool. Thanks so much. Hmmmm.