Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Today is the day....

Voting, court, anxiety, nervousness, and excitement. Man this is going to be some day. I set my alarm to wake me an hour early so that I can be as prepared as possible for the day. I have court for child support at 11:30 today. I really wish that it was earlier in the day so we could go and get it over with and then have the rest of the day to go vote.

The earliest I can drop my son off at school is about 8:00 am, then it will take 15 or 20 minutes for me to get back to the place I vote. I have to be out of there by 10:30 to drive downtown for court and still have time to park and figure out where I need to be.

I guess if the lines are too long for that, I will go get some breakfast and wait until this afternoon to go vote. I'm not trying to stand in line for hours in high heels anyway.

I hope all of you who haven't voted already have fast moving lines today and good people to talk with while you are in line. We're in it to win it! Obama/Biden '08!!

Ok...I'm off to collect my thoughts and get ready for my day. Pray for me, I need it.

UPDATE: I dropped my son off, drove to the community center, pulled into the parking lot, walked in, filled out my ballot and walked out. Took all of 5 minutes - let's hope court goes as smoothly.

After all this stress, I think I might try and schedule a massage today... off to call "Maria the massuse"

3 comments:

DorchestersDaughter said...

I'll be praying for a successful court date for you!

How did you get through voting so quickly though? I am hearing nothing but waits in Boston. I am not looking forward to that line when I get off work....especially since it's likely the people I wait with are voting for McCain

RunningMom said...

Thanks dear, court was just ok..I'll blog about it later.

The benefits of living in the suburbs are lots of voting places and shorter lines! My mom said she waited about 20 minutes. She lives in the same city, but is assigned to a different district.

clnmike said...

Good luck.