Saturday, October 25, 2008

HR Sex?..

I'm taking an International HR class right now... Is it just me, or does this paragraph sound strangely sexual?

"Hard, soft and contextual goals are often used as the basis for performance criteria."

Hard goals are objective, quantifialble and can be directly measured. (lol - I'll say!)

Soft goals tend to be relationship based and involve interpersonal skills. (When it's soft, you need to have your conversational skills tight!)

Contextual goals attempt to take into consideration factors that result from the situation in which performance occurs. (Dude, better bring your "A" game!)

3 comments:

Darius T. Williams said...

I'm a Payroll Manager so I deal heavily with our cross functional teams in HR, Benefits, and Training. So, this is hilarious!

Ms. S said...

Wow! This is funny.

clnmike said...

Nope that sound like a hidden message to me, lol.