Wednesday, January 14, 2009

10 Weeks

10 weeks of Algebra... I may be in a comatose state when these 10 weeks are over.

Math is not my favorite subject, but I am trying to embrace it. I have my very last Algebra class (oh thank God) for my Bachelors degree. It started on Monday. I have only slept a few hours since then. Last night I was up till after 2 am with one of my very best friends who was patiently trying to explain the rules of Algebra over and over and over again. The rules that I have so quickly forgotten in the few years since my last Algebra class.

I need a few tutors and as much help as I can locate. It will take a village and a lot of prayer and work to get me through this class. Speaking of prayer, if you can say a quick one for me as you read this, send some good learning energy my way.

I will be back after class today. I have class on Monday & Wednesday (plus work and my son) so the homework due Wednesday from Monday is what killed me this week. I literally only had a few hours of free-time to get through it. Tonights homework won't be due till Monday, so that gives me some more time to focus and learn.

ok - have to get ready. Thanks for listening/reading - RM.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Algebra...is your FRIEND.
Embrace it, accept it, love it.

You'll do great.

Peace, Cas

Jazzy said...

it's mind over matter girl!

it's not as hard as you think...you just need to work on remembering the rules.

good luck to ya!

Darius T. Williams said...

Good luck...algebra was a beast for me...and let's not even mention Statistics.

tiltedhalo said...

I've attempted it twice...now, I'm just putting it off for as long as I can. LOL I hate Algebra with a passion...but sending up a prayer for you.

Anonymous said...

I'll send up a prayer for you, because Lawd knows Algebra was not my favourite subject.

Rashan Jamal said...

I did alright in Algebra, but let's not talk about High School geometry. I was the smartest kid in summer school that year. LOL

DorchestersDaughter said...

Idk about a tutor but a prayer? Consider it done!

Curious said...

Can I be a little insensitive here? It's been a while since I took algebra or even calculus, but I don't think there has ever been anything more pure and straight forward than algebra. It's just like speech but cleaner and more logical. In fact it's a language that once you know or remember the rules everything will just flow for you. It's like music, learn why everything goes where it goes and you'll do it blindfolded and in your sleep. You'll find it sexier than sex and more soothing than a day at the beach or a walk in the park. So stop begging for sympathy and head into the light and you will find your freedom.

RunningMom said...

GirlCas and OpDiva: Thanks for the inspiration! I am REALLY jumping in to this Algebra with two feet TRYING to embrace it. I felt better on the second day of class and I am learning, so thanks!!

DTW: Thanks. I have statistics soon too. Great... lol

Tilted: I am hoping that I will learn it and get through it with flying colors, but I understand the idea of putting it off.. it's so intimidating!

Bored: Thanks :)

Rashan: lol @ Smartest kid in summer school. Sometimes I wonder why I am putting myself in debt for the torture of Algebra. I'm actually PAYING to take this class. Something is wrong with me.

DD: :) Thanks!

Curious: That's why I love you so! "Sexier than sex and more soothing than a day at the beach, so stop begging for sympathy and head into the light and you will find your freedom."

YESSIR!

clnmike said...

Hope you knock it out the park.

Me I hate math.