Saturday, January 3, 2009

My first blog honor




I started this blog as an outlet for thoughts and expressions that I have been carrying with me for years, but felt unable to share with people I know. Through reading other blogs and searching back in my life I have come to understand how intimately connected we are to each other through our lives, experiences and feelings.


I appreciate all of the bloggers who visit, comment, inspire and encourage. And I am honored to be nominated for this blogger award by one of my very favorite bloggers: Ugly Black John . If you aren't a reader already, check him out!




To keep the honors moving and to encourage others on their journey, here are 10 bloggers who inspire me:


Mr. Slish: http://mrslish.wordpress.com/
I started reading this blog waaay before I started writing. Funny, entertaining, and the best story teller ever!


Curious: http://limited-means.blogspot.com/
The best picture-blogger I know. If his blogs don't speak to you the pictures will. Curious speaks to me in layers of life and experience.


GirlCaspar: http://bxholdthecheese.blogspot.com/
Forever to be known on my blog as "GirlCas". This blogger can get you right in the gut or have your mind circling around a thought for days. Smart, funny, introspective. Love her.


Nikki: http://iniquitous1.blogspot.com/
The most entertainingly descriptive blogger I read. She can take you with her wherever she has been, just as if you were in the room with her. Talented, very, very talented.


One Man: http://lookatthisnigger.blogspot.com/
Family, work and shenanigans. What else can I say.


ClnMike: http://thehappygoluckybachelor.blogspot.com/
Always clean, always entertaining. Currently writing his "deal breakers" list. Usually contains disturbing pictures and fantastic music to go along with his great blogging skills.


DorchestersDaughter: http://latenotsogreats20s.blogspot.com/
This blogger is sharp! DD shares her life, growth and thoughts in a very honest and real way.


Miss Mahogony: http://missmahogany.blogspot.com/
MM has a talent for writing. After you check out her main page, check out the adult-rated one too. Steamy!


FreeMan: http://freemanpress.wordpress.com/
FreeMan is so smart and so on top of all things thought-provoking. He also has a snazzy new blog-design.


DTW: http://dariustwilliams.blogspot.com/
Darius has big things poppin! His regular blog, his cooking blog, the bloggers book club blog, plus a new web cooking show. He's on FIRE! On top of all that, DTW is a regular visitor to many blogs. His entertaining style will keep you laughing for days.



Thanks again to UBJ for the nomination, to all my blogger fam for reading and to all of those I nominated for keeping the award moving.


If you have been named above, please visit the Helping Hand blog to read the rules for paying it forward.

10 comments:

SjP said...

Congratulatios on receiving the Emblem of the Helping Hand and Much obliged for signing in.

I invite you to stop by Sojourner's Place, as the doors are always open there.

Anonymous said...

Congrats and, may I add, a well deserved award for you!!!

Keep pouring your thoughts, hopes, dreams, and frustrations out into the universe. Letting it out helps you heal, spreading the love will make you strong.

As for your shout out, wow, words cannot say how thankful I am for your consideration and kind words...I am not worthy! ***hides under covers from embarrassment***

D.J. said...

Congrats on the award. I am going to add your page to mine cause it is great over here.....

And if you ever want to borrow one of the hubbys your more than welcome too. :)

Curious said...

Wow and the New Year's celebrations keep coming. Congratulations on your award, you most certainly deserve it. You have written so openly and honestly without having to go into areas that maybe difficult just for effect, but delving into them for clarity and vision. You are one of the ones that inspire me to be better than I have been.

So it's with a kind of awkward appreciation that I thank you for mentioning me, although I think you have me mixed up with someone else. But it's on the net now so I'm taking it as fact and maybe even putting it on my resume.

As soon as I figure out what it is that I'm supposed to do will, I hope, pass on your faith and my hopes to others. Thanks again.

Curious said...

That last sentence is supposed read "...figure out what I'm supposed to do I will, I hope, pass on..."

You see what I mean about not proofreading?

RunningMom said...

SJP - Thank you!

Mike - Thanks! Did you see that I passed it on to you?

GirlCas - Thanks! No hiding! It's all true!

Dj - Thanks! Which one of them is handy? lol

Curious - Thanks! No mistake darlin' ;) I love your blog and I love all the great pictures and videos you choose to include.

And I knew what you were trying to say, lol.

Jameil said...

congrats!! LOVE dtw's cooking blog! deeelish!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the blog award and thank you for noticing the new blog layout with the snazzy comment. Keep doing what you're doing as I noticed the more you tell your story from your point of view the more people reward you for it and you are rewarded with their contributions to your life.

DorchestersDaughter said...

Aww! I am so grateful that you have included me in your list of such talented, honest, people. I actually had to double-take myself! *eyes widened* my blog inspires somebody?!

It has been awesome getting to know you through your blog...my first blog buddy, lol

Your encouraging words will not be forgotten. Thanks and God Bless! (And did I say happy new year already?)

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you as your information.