Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year - 2009

Hey blogger family - Happy New Year!


The one I love is in D.C. with a few of his best friends and I know better than to be out driving with all of the inexperienced drunk drivers (lol). I decided to be the cool mom and let my son have a New Years Party at our house. We had pizza, chips, oreos (they ate the WHOLE BAG), and lots of soda.
I did buy 2 bottles of champaign, but I don't really like champaign so it's still in the fridge unopened... lol. I talked on the phone with my best friend for a while, both of us were stifiling yawns, ready for bed and turning our ringers on silent so we didn't have to hear all the text messages coming through!
My other (male) best friend who is in Chicago sent me a text message at New Years my time even though it's technically not New Years for him yet. That's love! I don't think I'm staying up till 1 to return the favor (I'm on New York time, which we all know is the real New Years time!)
I have decided there are two things I want to learn in 2009. Ready? Here goes:
1. I want to learn how to shoot a gun and go to the shooting range at least 10 times.
2. I want to learn how to play the acoustic guitar.
I'm all for learning and trying new things, how about you? What do you want to learn in 2009?
*I have no idea who Trevor is or what his blog is about. I googled "happy new year" and I liked this image. Thanks Trevor.

5 comments:

achoiceofweapons said...

Happy New Year!
Skip learning to fire a gun! Definately pick up the guitar, now that's a weapon that will kill fascists and the speak to the masses!

I want to become fluent in French and Spainish and definately become more graceful with my Tai Chi.

I move with all the grace of a pregnant Yak! LOL
Jaycee

Jameil said...

i want to learn to shoot a gun, too! i've wanted to learn for at least 6 years now. probably more. slide your champagne this way. i'll help you get rid of that little problem. if it's the right kind you can mix it with oj or cran or both and it will be quite delish! i think it would also help for me to learn even more patience in 2009. can't think of anything else. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Cyncere said...

The acoustic guitar has been on my mental list for years!

Curious said...

If there were 2 things that I didn't think would go together, they would be music and guns. But then again, I may be wrong since there are such things as military bands. Anyway, Happy New Year to you and yours.

DorchestersDaughter said...

The gun range is so much fun! Girl you will love it. I went for a birthday a few years back, fell in love with the glock and have been trying to convince KB that mean owning a gun is not a threat on his life every since, lol